Monday, May 19, 2008

Day Three_San Fran






DAY THREE: Oakland LDS Temple, Scenic drive to Muir Woods National Park, Foggy drive over Golden Gate Bridge, Ride down Lombart Street and Pixar Animation Studios

Since we were driving past the Oakland temple, I requested that we stop so I could add it to my photo collection. Brad had never been there before, so it took us some time driving through some rough neighborhood before we found it. I got my photos and enjoyed the usual really calming feeling that happens for me on the temple grounds, no matter where it's at. We then drove down through Berkley and took in just a drive through the campus. We then got lost and ended up on a really scenic route to Muir Woods National Forest, home of some really beautiful redwoods. The fog rolling across the eucalyptus trees was so cool to see. Beautiful drive, very curvy. Brad was a very good driver. The trees where so tall and as Brad explained to me, these trees were young trees. It was very peaceful there and it smelled really nice as well. Very little sunlight hits the ground floor and so I was wishing I'd brought my jacket I bought the day before off Fisherman's Warf! (Arizona has thinned the blood) We left to try to capture the Golden Gate Bridge. Unfortunately the famous fog was still there and we couldn't see it at all from the near by lookout points. I settled for a drive over the bridge in which I could sort of see the bridge through the fog. I got it on video. The fog is impressive and I love the fog horns as they blow off the bridge. Brad then found Lombart Street, the famous curvy, steep street. 5MPH and with an audience as you creep down the cute red brick road. I turned the camera around and did an over the shoulder shot and captured the attached photo. It was a long day and Brad drove me past the front gates of Pixar Animation Studios. He knows my love for animation even though I no longer dream of being an actual animator. It was nice of him to be such a good tour guide all weekend long! What a great trip!

No comments: