


Day One: Visit APPLE heaven and Caving
I awoke at 3AM to fly out of Williams Gateway Airport to begin my well needed vacation to San Fransisco. My first stop was the Corporate Apple Store in Cupertino, CA. There is a certain look to the lucky folks who wear the Apple Employee name badge around that business campus. I was wishing I was walking amongst them and making all the money they were making. I settled for spending a few bucks on Apple merchandise not found at any of the regular Apple Stores. I loaded up my bag with gifts for the office who are as crazy about MACs as I am. (it's a designer thing) My oldest brother was patient enough to wait in the store with me while I sent photos back to Mesa to my co-worker so she could decide what she wanted me to buy for her. Brad is a big PC guy and clearly out of his environment in my little heaven.
We pushed on once I'd purchased my MAC nerd merchandise. Brad wouldn't tell me about our next adventure until he felt like we'd make the location on time. We scarfed down McDonalds and made it to the docks in Monterey Bay in time to hop aboard a watching tour. It was my first time out on a boat in the ocean and I wasn't sure if my cheeseburger would be revisiting me or not. Surprisingly enough, I loved the venture. We spent two hours watching humpback whales come up for air and feed off fish below the surface that we couldn't see. I was trying to imagine it being dark and being lost at sea and hearing those whales come up for air. It's a really eerie sound. The experience was made full when they breached the water upwind and we caught a wiff of their breath. (not a sent they will be pitching to Glade Plug-ins) I was having a blast, but very much ready to get off the water, as it was freezing! I learned that temperatures can reach 90 degrees in-land and out on the coast and on the water it can be 50-60 degrees with cold ocean wind blowing through you!
Brad ended the day by taking in some food at a Greek restaurant before caving amongst the great redwoods. He had me all decked out in gear, I felt I was a superhero! I didn't look like one I guess! Caving is fun and certainly something I enjoy. The cave we ventured in was a small one and we went in search of more, but couldn't find any in the small amount of daylight we had left. I was hot and sweaty and grateful to have a nice shower before collapsing into bed that night!
No comments:
Post a Comment