For anyone close to me, knows I'm a big meat eater. I'm game for steak most of the time. I've got friends who love my steaks more than me. So when I heard that there are restaurants that bring meat out on skewers and it's all you can eat, I was hooked. I felt I MUST partake. I currently have an awesome hometeacher who served his church mission in Brazil. He loves the Brazilian Steakhouse and will chat it up with the staff, polishing his Portuguese. I was invited to join him and a small group from my ward for a Brazilian feast. This is how much I wanted to experience the moment, I accepted the invite knowing that I was having my braces adjusted the day before. Now, to fully appreciate my passion you must understand that first of all, your teeth are extremely sore after the adjustments and second, the meal it's self costs 31 dollars! So I accepted knowing I would be paying to subject myself to ultimate pain for the most expensive meal I've ever purchased. I took pain killers before my ride showed up and I think it helped some. You can appreciate dim restaurant lighting when you have someone chomping on meat with braces that have just been adjusted! I did my best to keep up with my fellow friends and found the experience so much fun. Little did we know that the very water we were drinking was an added cost and I had to try a dessert as well. Total bill: $50.00. The experience with friends: Priceless Happy birthday Jeff, if your next year's party is that expensive, don't invite me, I'll grill you a signature steak instead!
Now, I must also share with you the Word of Wisdom chat I had with my hometeacher. As a faithful member of the LDS faith, I try to do my best to adhere to the covenants and standards of the gospel teachings, including the Word of Wisdom. However, with my meat lover's heart, it's difficult for me to always keep the "eat meat sparingly". My hometeacher (Rick) and I were talking about this on the drive there. He mentioned that he's learned off Discovery Channel that cow poo is actually damaging the environment. So, in all actuality, our feasting on the skewers of all you can eat tri-tip, top sirloin,prime rib and roast beef was our way of "hugging a tree", saving the planet! I love my hometeachers! Happy planet saving all you meat lovers!
No comments:
Post a Comment