Monday, May 05, 2008

Compassion of the "sisters"



This card design is for the Relief Society President dealing with a personal family trial. Often women in this calling are called upon so often and give so much and so when it comes to receiving emotional support for themselves, they often are not used to asking for it or will not ask for the help. This is the case of our dear President who has been busy tending to the needs of the other sisters. This card was thrown together as an appreciation from those of us she serves. I'm again impressed by the compassion women naturally have inside them. Inside the church, this compassion is magnified and becomes such a part of the sisterhood amongst the single women especially. I grew up with brothers. While I greatly love my brothers, I did not have the experience of having a sister that I would share my life with. As it seems to be my destiny to be single for a long period, I've had roommates and associations with women from church that I feel I'm making up for not having sisters growing up. I feel blessed to be able to rub elbows with such amazing women who have talents and gifts that touch each life they touch.

No comments: