


DAY TWO: Cable car ride, Fisherman's Warf, Cruise in the Bay, Ghirardelli Chocolate, Wax Museum, Aquarium, Chinatown
Day two was a busy day. We began the adventure riding BART, the public transportation system Brad loves so much about the Bay Area. It got us into the heart of San Fran without having to worry about a car, and since he's a National Parks employee, he gets his rides paid for. We went into a very nice mall where I saw an Anthropologie Store. I was once having a conversation with some gals in my ward and they were talking about work and they were chatting about Anthropologie and silly me, I thought they were talking about the study of bones! I looked like an idiot as I made a remark about the anthropology I thought they were talking about. From the looks on their faces, I could tell they must be referring to some classy store I'd never heard of. Now I know that Anthorpologie is in fact a hoity toity women's clothing store! No wonder I'd never heard of it! Give me Walmart and Target babe! Anyway, we took our hoity toity Jamb Juice beverages and joined the line to ride the cable car that is so iconic to San Fran. I clung to the cable car literally fearing for my butt. I was on the side that was against on coming traffic and you could easily be bumped off by a passing cable car or bus. It was sort of scary! It was fun though! We hopped off at Fisherman's Warf where we got some deep fried seafood. I did my best to knock down a huge plate of fried calamari and didn't get very far. We then joined a cruise out on the bay. My hope was that I'd be able to capture some photos of the Golden Gate Bridge as we went underneath it and past Alcatraz Island. As you can see from the pictures it happened to be very foggy and I didn't get any good photos at all. I can imagine the Alcatraz Island tours were really eerie that day. I was amazed again at how cold it was on the water. I was frozen and we warmed up by walking to the Gerridelli factory. We got a free sample and I enjoyed a hot fudge sundae from their shop. (it had enough sugar to last me a year) We walked back toward the warf and took in a cheesy wax museum in which there were some good imitations of some famous faces, others were really bad imitations. We took in an aquarium, where I got to touch a skate, tiger shark and a starfish. We bid the warf farewell, took a bus to Chinatown. Brad purchased some cherries from a shop in which we noticed a tub holding live frogs or toads for sell. Mmmm, good eating there! I'm sure my facial expression was not one of "finger licking good!". While I may have looked as if I were amongst my "peeps" I couldn't understand a thing they were saying. We took in dinner there and both of us had quite American style dinners as the really authentic stuff was really expensive at the restaurant we picked. I wasn't going to shell out 79 dollars for shark fin soup. Chinatown was a good way to wrap up our day.
No comments:
Post a Comment