
I'll have to admit that I spent my whole Saturday locked up in my room fretting over my financial situation. I'm at a crossroads with which way to go with my career. It's sort of like this, stay with this amazing group of people I've shared my life with over the past six years or put food on the table and pay bills! I'm fighting it only because I hate change like this and I'm wracking my brain for a way to have the best of two worlds that currently are far, far apart. I worked myself into a depression where I just had to sort of walk away from thinking about it for the day. I awoke today with the determination to not think about it since today was the Sabbath and generally my favorite day of the week. This Sunday would be a day of general celebration. As I've been employed at my current employer for six years, we are often like family. We've come to fight like family, offend one another like family, but we also support one another like family, for the most part. I was apprehensive when word came that Bryson would be coming on staff until he could serve his church mission. There is something about accepting your bosses son working elbow to elbow with you. I'll tell you that it's been nothing but a pleasure to work along side Bryson as he picked up the ball and ran with it at work and showed that he has his father's amazing ability to forgive, love and live life! It's been a thrill to watch him grow over the past years. I'm the youngest in my family, but I'd consider Bryson like a little brother. (despite the fact that he's 6'4"!) He's a great guy with so much talent and a love for the Lord. He's finally stepping on the plane Tuesday to begin his LDS Church Mission in Argentina. Despite all the stories of parasites and funky bugs he's going to most likely get sick from, he remains excited and anxious to serve. I'm amazed that he's so calm and so willing to face the unknown with such enthusiasm. I think it comes from being the oldest child. He's used to breaking the trail in for his younger siblings to follow. He's ready. I listened with pride as he delivered an beautiful message in church today. He looked ready to preach with his fancy new suite, fresh haircut and glow of the Lord about him. I am anxious to hear of his experiences and ready to see him grow even more. He's destined to greatness, I have no doubt! Best wishes to you Elder Jones! I can't wait to hear of your adventures and when you come home, sushi's on me buddy! Thanks for always lifting my spirits, I'll miss ya, but it will give me much to look forward to as well!
1 comment:
What are you considering doing next for a career?
And I know you have a fierce loyalty (which is why I adore you as a friend)... but in terms of business, sometimes you just gotta do what's best for you in the long run. And consider the time you had together at your old job a blessing... and not fight the change! What if the change brings something even better?? :)
Post a Comment