Friday, August 01, 2008

I'm off to Pima..

Due to the horrible gas prices, I've had to cut back on my visits out to mom and dad's on weekend ventures. It doesn't help that I have a very thirsty Jeep. Thankfully mom and dad understand and aren't too torn up about it. To tell you the truth, they keep themselves busy enough right now I don't think it bothers them at all! It's still weird to call their home and have dad pick up the phone. Since he's retired now, he's home. I forget that until I hear his voice on the phone. Mom is usually on the other line as well. That is the cool thing about my folks is that if you know where one of them is, generally that is were the other one is as well. They are very close. I've had that great example in my life and treasure that quality about my parents.

My parents and my roommate's parents live about a mile or two away from each other and so we try to carpool if one of us is going out. My roommate's sister is blessing her baby in church this weekend and so her other two siblings from the Phoenix area are going out this weekend and there is spare room in the vehicle for me to catch a ride with them. I've been here in Arizona for ten years and have driven that drive alone so many times, it's sort of nice to have company and letting someone else do the driving as well! It will be a quick visit, but well worth it I'm sure. Dad's anxious to build a fire in the fire pit to make smores. (he's a pyro at heart.) There is something wrong with building a fire in 120 degree heat, but the smores are worth it! From the chats I've had with mom and dad, they've been busy getting things taken care of on their property so they can leave for a year to serve their mission. They always have projects that they are working on, so it's always fun to walk the property to see their hard work. I'll miss them when they leave, but am very excited for them to go serve in Missouri/Kansas. For now, I'll enjoy my visits with them 'til they leave. Once they leave, they are leaving me with a key and it will be a none stop party at their house!!! Just kidding. They read my posts and know me all too well to know I'll be doing no partying. I'll check in on the homestead there every now and then, somehow I just don't think it will be the same without them nor Echo there!

No comments: