

I had the pleasure of ending a crazy week with a wonderful night. Since Louis Gonzales has left the D-Backs, I've not followed them much. But I was at last nights game against the Kansas City Royals. I was a part of my singles ward date night. A gal there from Kansas remembered that I'd mentioned my extended family was from Kansas and that I have roots back there. She asked me which team I was rooting for. I told her that the possibility of treating dad to the game had been in the works at one time since he's a Kansas boy. It didn't work out. I told her if he'd come I would have rooted for the Royals. Since he wasn't there and I was representing just me, I was rooting for the D-Backs. It was a slow game, no scoring. OK, truth is that I wasn't paying attention to the game. I was involved in a nice conversation with my date and since there were constant goose eggs on the score board, I figured I wasn't missing much. However by the ninth inning we began focusing on the game. I predicted at the top of the tenth we'd pitch "three up, three down". It didn't quite happen that way, but we held the Royals at zero. Then we popped one out to right field, over the fence for the only score and only home run! What a great ending to a game! I was on my feet and if I'd had a ridiculous rattle I would have been shaking it with enthusiasm. I like to see the home team win. Sorry, dad. Happy Father's Day!
The dog came into play around the bottom of the 6th and top of the 7th. You just can't go to a game and not have a hot dog. I still look ridiculous chewing on a hot dog with my braces and missing teeth, but I gulp it down. I'm sure you all are tired of hearing the commentary over braces. The dog was courtesy of my date. Thanks, it was as good as it gets to top off the whole ballpark experience.
The date, I won't go into detail, just that it was honest and real. Totally worth stepping out on a limb and worrying about if you are going to be compatible for a night. There obviously was plenty to chat about, as we ignored the whole game up to the last two innings. It was refreshing to chat with a guy about true feelings of life. It wasn't a whole lot of surface chatting, it was deep chatting about life's fears and trials and how you work your way through them, finding that deeper understanding to life. Mixed in was a few surface "get to know you" questions. It was a really pleasant evening with my date and there is hope for more evenings. Most of all, I totally appreciate the honesty, the sincere care and gentleman that he was. Very refreshing. This feeling will get me through a few days with a smile.
As always, I am always grateful for the blessings in life. In every moment of life there is good and bad. You choose what you want to have and what you want to experience. Growing up we had a cat named Gabriel. He was the most lovable cat ever. He purred like a ten ton truck! He was just amazingly full of love. He also had ten lives. One winter he crawled into the car engine to keep warm, as we'd been out and about to run errands and it was warm. Mom headed to go somewhere and caught him by surprise and his poor tail ended up wrapped up in the engine. It took a while to get him out and he purred the whole time. He was moved to sick bay, out on the back porch where we kicked off our coats and snow boots. He lay in his little cardboard box and when we'd stop to talk to him he'd purr with gusto. Now, that is what I'm talking about in perspective. No matter what life gives you, you always can choose how you react. I'm working on being more like that beautiful cat and purr through the pains, happy to be alive, grateful for the blessings I have that makes life so beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment