Sunday, November 17, 2013
Another type of graduation...
Nearly a month has passed since Sherri's passing and on the other end of life, another friends also graduated of sorts. CJ and I also met in an LDS singles setting. We eventually became roommates. She and I became close, like sisters. We got under each other's nerves, and had some really, really good times together. She was my rescuer when I had a serious health issue and came to my rescue even though she was tired and very much in need of rest herself. She was fabulous. As with all of my close friends, I admire and am inspired by their good attributes and try to learn from their example. CJ is hyper and always optimistic. We joked that "everyday is a parade" because she always smiles, always waves and always seems to know everyone, or at least knows their dog! I was her roommate when she first met Devon. I'd seen her go out with guys before, but nothing ever panned out. Well, this one did. Unfortunately the only time they could get together was late at night! To give them privacy I often would hide in my bedroom to give them space to talk and get to know one another. I obviously did not need to be a part of that process. It became clear to me that Devon wasn't going anywhere and that my time being CJ's roommate might be coming to an end. This weekend I had the honor of sitting amongst her family and closest friends as she was married to Devon. I won't hold it against Devon that I had to move out, I like my new place. I have had to make it clear that I still get time with Jasmine, CJ's dog that I really adore. So here I am, with Jasmine in my watch care and CJ and Devon begin their life together as Mr. and Mrs. Platt. I'm absolutely thrilled to see such joyful events happening to such wonderful friends. I truly felt joy for her as she made this very big and very exciting step in her life. I know they will be a wonderful support to each other and I look forward to watching their adventures unfold. Wishing you the very best, CJ and Devon! I'll see you on the slopes this winter. Just because you got married, doesn't mean you can ditch me all the time. Enjoy the ride my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment