Monday, October 06, 2008

I've been tagged...look to see if you have!

Tell 6 UNSPECTACULAR quirks or facts about yourself, then tag 6 people.

OK, Des...here it goes.

1. I actually enjoy the act of taking pen in hand and writing. I'm much better at putting thoughts on paper. I've filled ooodles of journals. I gave up years ago at purchasing fancy journals and now buy three inch, three ring binders and lots of notebook paper. I fill pages and pages in one entry. I have a lot of thoughts and generally am writing in my journal 3-5 times a week. I don't usually keep up with doing it daily.

2. If given colored candy like Skittle, M&M's I will line them up by color. I have no idea why. I just do. There is no rhyme or reason. It's sort of weird. I don't eat them in any particular order.

3. Ugh, I can't believe I'm going to expose this about myself... I still have an old stuffed animal that stays on my bed, always. He's a beat up stuffed dog. My Grandma Phillips purchased him for me when I asked for him. I got what I wanted at that age. My brothers were mad that I asked for something so expensive. Well, he's sort of been like my "security" through life. I just can't give him up. He wears some shorts I sewed for him back when I sort of took up sewing, but the shorts fall down all the time, so it looks like he's mooning everyone. There, it's out there.

4. I prefer salt over sugar. I'm not against sugar, but I can pass on the sweets but I can't ever pass up a good BBQ, steak or chip.

5. I'm a pen hoard. I am not sure where this habit began, but it's been around since childhood. I hoard pens. As I write in my journal, I have to have just the right pen to write. It's not always the same pen each time, though I have my favorites. I have tons of pens. My parents used to go nuts because their pens would always go missing when I lived at home! Again, I have no idea why I have this particular habit. I can't stop myself when I'm in the office supply isle, I just gotta get a new package of pens! Again, weird.

6. Boy, I hope that no potential dates are reading this, however if they are... I can grill a really mean steak. I've grilled for friends and have my close friends request my steaks when they get a craving. I think I just watched enough cooking shows and started mixing my own spices from the cupboard and sort of have down an unwritten mix. It's not always the same, but it's always a hit.

OK, who will I tag: Mary, Allison, Megan, Ray, Cj, Stacy (whew, that was tough, I only have a limited pocketful of friends to tag!) Have fun!

1 comment:

CeeJ said...

We are twin souls!!

I love to line up my skittles by color too!! And go down the rows- eating one of each color!! (But that's after there's an even number) I have to eat any extras first- that don't match the # of the lowest color. Then I can go down the row and eat one of each color! Does that make sense? It's hard to describe!!