
It's finally cooling down here in Arizona. I no longer feel like the heat is going to melt my face off as I walk outside! I've been excited to begin conserving some gas as the weather cools and I can roll down the windows in the Jeep.
I spent the weekend watching General Conference fro the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It's great to hear counsel from the church leaders. There is always such an uplifting message in a time when we need it the most. It's a pretty scary world at times and it's good to be reminded where we can turn to find comfort and peace. I found a renewed desire to strive to be a better person and follower of Jesus Christ.
I've been keeping track of several missionaries as of late. Elder Bryson Jones just arrived in Argentina last week and is working hard already in his area. He's been really good about keeping up with the letters and though he doesn't get them posted to everyone, his dad is very good at spreading the letters around. He's loving it. He's learned that the last family that regularly fed the missionaries has lost interest and so he's inspired to find that golden family who not only has open heart but also an open kitchen! First and foremost, he's enjoying the challenge of learning the language and using it to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. He got to listen to General Conference in English except for one session, in which he did his best to understand the Spanish which he's certain to have mastered when he comes home. I'm also tracking Elder and Sister Phillips, my parents! They just entered the MTC today. They left Arizona last week with their little Nissan Sentra filled to the gill. Dad took a moment to post quickly on the family facebook group and reported that they are not being put up in on the campus there at the MTC. They are staying at the hotel nearby. I think they caught wind that dad wanted to see the "domino's" game the elders are said to be playing with their mattresses in their dorms. Leave my folks to their own creativity and you just never know what sort of mischief they might get into, they don't need any ideas from those young bucks! His message was short as they had much studying to do. I envision them with noses in Teach My Gospel manuals. They only have a week to cram all the training they can from the MTC before they will be setting out to Hiawatha, Kansas where they will serve the duration of their mission. I wish them the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment