
This one is for all of the dog lovers out there.
Many, many moons ago, my parents moved to the area of Pima, AZ. They had just served six months in the Peace Corps. In the Phillips Family we almost always had a pet, more specifically, a dog. They went in search of a little dog that would be a good companion for them in the small apartment they lived in at the time. They found a little runt in a litter of chihuahuas. She was black, but had only patches of fur, as she had a bad case of ringworm. They got a deal on her and took her home. I remember flying down from Utah to visit and found it amazing that dogs come that small. She's been the center of much attention over the years and has fully become a member of the klan. She's getting up in years though and our time with Echo is most likely more limited in time. My parents agonized over where Echo should go while they serve their church mission. I would have taken her, except I'm renting and my roommate does not accept dogs. Echo will be spending the year with her "babysitter". Echo is at least familiar with Linda's home but I've been asked to go get Echo if I go out to look in on mom and dad's home, just so Echo can come home now and then. I love and spoil Echo as much as anyone. So of course I feel bad for little Echo spending a whole year without contact with family. So I think for Thanksgiving I'm driving to Pima, picking up Echo from the sitters and enjoying a small chicken meal with Echo. (she loves chicken and turns ten years younger begging for a nibble of the tasty treat) I will be thankful for the time I have with her and for my family though I won't be with them. I look forward to the holiday! Now you all know what a dog nut I am. I'm a sucker for the faithful, furry friends, what can I say!
No comments:
Post a Comment