Thursday, March 22, 2012

Little things create the greatest rewards


It's been a while since I've taken a moment to share moments of my life. It seems that while I remain busy, I also sit and tap the keyboard wondering what I might have to share with others because from my perspective life seems so bland! I haven't' jumped out of an airplane, I've not climbed a great mountain...I've not even been to Disneyland! The one thing I'm trying to grasp in life, though, is that you cannot compare yourself to others! You can let others inspire you to do great things, but we all do great things unaware of the fact that we perhaps are an inspiration to those around us. So I'll write a few thoughts down, not knowing if anyone will read them or feel the inspiration from them.We must always look for those small moments of love in our life, evidence that our Heavenly Father is watching and rooting for the best in our lives.

The photo above illustrates looking for those little moments. I'd sat down to eat my ever so healthy sugary cereal for breakfast last weekend and noticed the heart shape in my cereal. Of coarse I just got an iPhone and so I was itching to use the camera and snapped a photo of it not realizing really how it was a reminder of the little signs of love all around us each day. My day was soon in full motion as I volunteered to assist my roommate with her trick dog, Jasmine. CJ has engulfed her life into training her dog in hopes that she will be able to get her into the movies and show business. In the mean time while they are networking CJ takes moments to take her dog and do some good things with her. Aside from volunteering at the local hospital in the pet therapy program, CJ committed to putting on two shows, displaying many of Jasmine's many fun tricks. This day's activity was a fund raiser for a young autistic girl who is in need of a service dog. CJ's performance would be part of a really good thing. I kind of rode on the wagon to feel a part of a good thing.


With a Hollywood bound trick dog, comes two car loads of props. In order to promote her dog, CJ requires several hands! She needs one to video the performance to promote later on social networking sites for Jasmine's fans. She needs another person snapping still photos also to be used on the web. I went along as an extra pair of hands to help set up the props and pull them down between shows as well as snap a few photos of my own for her. Jazz loves to perform! She's just as anxious to "go to work" as CJ is to perform with her. It's a good relationship. Jazz was a slam dunk in both of her performances.


After a full whirlwind afternoon, we took a moment to enjoy a special treat at the Sonic that was within walking distance of the venue. Even Jazz got a little treat. She loves ice cream!


No matter how busy life gets, take a moment to do a good deed with no expectation of reward and the reward you will find will be greater than you ever expected!

No comments: