
Echo as she often was, curled up asleep at mom's feet with the warm fire crackling in the fireplace.
After 16 years of life, little Echo passed away on Sunday. She came into my parents home as they returned home from the Peace Corps and moved to South Eastern Arizona. She was small enough to fit into the palm of your hand and needed extra love from the get go. I remember visiting my parents right after they got her and helping mom apply medicine to her little body to treat ringworm. She has been a faithful companion to my mom who has spent much of those 16 years at home with Echo by her side. I believe it's true that dogs live shorter lives because they get how to be Christlike and give all much sooner than we do. In her last days mom sat with her day and night tending to her aging needs as even breathing became difficult for her. She will be greatly missed and remembered as a blessing to my parents and I was blessed to get to know and love her as well. Being my mom's daughter, I have a soft place especially for dogs and my eyes are not dry as I miss this little friend but know she's in a better place. Thanks Echo for sharing your love!
1 comment:
Awww, little Echo. That makes me a little sad, but I so think we get our pets back in heaven. What a little sweety.
Post a Comment