Saturday, December 19, 2009

Trip to Oakland


Awhile back, Southwest Airlines had smoking deals on flights. Since it has been ages since I've been able to fly anywhere, I bought some tickets. My first trip was to Oakland to visit Brad and meet Jenn and Arlo! I was a bit nervous for this trip, as Jenn and Arlo are very significant in Brad's life and I wanted to make a good impression on them. Jenn and Brad have been together for six months and seem to really fit well together as a couple. Arlo is her two year old son whom I've heard really great things about. I was anxious to meet the people who are so important in my oldest brother's life. It was a cold, rainy day upon my arrival and it would be cold and drizzling all weekend long! I wasn't prepared for the cooler weather. We stayed at Jenn's home since many of our activities involved Jenn and Arlo. Besides, I had the choice of my brother's bachelor pad or Jenn's much homier home. I picked Jenn's place. Jenn was a gracious hostess making meals and treats the whole weekend long. Arlo is often seen at her side, helping her prepare food. He was helping her taste test the hot chocolate and ended up with a "Joker" style coco smile! This is one cute little boy. He's bilingual and so I had to keep getting Jenn to tell me what he was saying as I couldn't tell if he was speaking Spanish or 2 year old! But nothing is cuter than a little tike coming in the room and saying "Ola Deena!" He was somewhat confused as to my relation to Brad and so he was 50/50 on getting right. He often would call me "My sister Deena". I figured since he considered me a sister, I stared calling him brother Arlo. Fun times. Hopefully there will be more. Thanks guys for such a great visit. Merry Christmas. Arlo, you scored, I saw a ton of presents under the tree for you!


Arlo assisting mom in making hot chocolate. Jenn makes some pretty awesome hot chocolate!


Arlo's job was taste testing. I liked his "Joker" face and had to get a photo of it!

No comments: