

I took Friday off to head out to Pima again. This trip will be my last trip to tend to my parent's home while they are on their church mission. I can't believe they will be home in 7 weeks! One year goes by pretty fast! I picked up Echo, as usual to let her have a little time at home. We don't want her to forget where home is. She always knows when I pick her up from the "doggysitter" that we are going home and becomes like a young pup again. As I drove past the site of the new temple, I was amazed at how fast things are moving along. They are building a temple and a new meeting house right next to it. Lots of construction going on. It will be hard to miss as it sits right next to the highway. I told mom she and dad will never come to visit Mesa anymore once this temple is open! I'm always amazed at the power of the work of the Lord and what it can accomplish. Nothing exciting from the weekend, just a quiet weekend with an aging puppy dog. Sleep four hours, go outside, potty (the dog not me), eat, got back to bed. Poor Echo is getting old enough that now she's having accidents in the house. I spent half of my time cleaning up after her. I left mom a full bottle of Resolve carpet cleaner under the kitchen sink for their return home. She'll need it.
Now it's back to work. I've picked up a part time night job. I've only worked it for one week and already hate that I'm having to do this. I miss my free time and sleep. I'm cleaning medical offices near where I live. It's not a lot of money, but it's close to home, and it's enough money per month to pick up the slack that my day job is lacking in. It's been a frustration to have to be a working professional and work a second job just to make it by. I'm hoping that change will come and I can return to working one job and comfortably reach my financial needs again. (needs, we'll work on the wants later) For now, I'm trying to take responsibility for my financial situation and do my best to get through a tough economic time for everyone. I'm just glad I have two jobs that are getting me by. I just hope that physically I can hold out until things change. I'll keep praying for that change. It will happen as the Lord sees fit for me in my life, but if any of you know a sugar daddy out there....I mean I do make a mean steak and I'm sure that would lure any guy in...OR I could just keep plugging along working hard for the things that matter most in life. In the big picture, I'm blessed.
1 comment:
Hi hun. I can't believe how fast that is going up either. I'll be there for my 10 yr in Oct. I can't wait to see it. Glad you got to go visit Echo. Sweet little thing. Second job huh? That does kinda stink, but I'm glad you found it if you need it. Did work cut back or hours or pay? Gosh, I wish times were better...but it is the trials that make us stronger I guess. You have such a great attitude, you are a great example. We'll keep you in our prayers! Love ya.
Post a Comment