Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clean up on isle 15 please!



So I'm out shopping for groceries with my roommate CJ in Walmart around the corner from our house. We pretty much had everything we needed and were in the frozen food isle where I was getting the cheapest, largest bag of frozen peas. (cheap veggies that go with anything pretty much) CJ is about ten feet away with our full shopping cart. I called her name and called out "Go long!" I faked like I was Steve Young but didn't throw them. Then one look of encouragement from CJ and I found myself hurling the bag with NFL gusto. I immediately wished life had a "control Z" or an "Undo" button in it. I knew this was going to turn out badly. CJ didn't calculate the distance well or I threw too short and the bag caught the front lip of the cart, bursting open, spilling peas all over the isle floor. I was suddenly aware that there was at least one other shopper in the isle with us and was embarrassed over my actions. CJ on the other hand is not as up tight as I am and is laughing and snapping photos of it with her camera phone. I'm mortified and my roommate is making photos for a facebook entry! Needless to say, we were then done shopping. CJ told a cashier there was need for clean up on isle 15 and our cashier gave us a funny look when we purchased a half full bag of frozen peas! CJ told her we got hungry. Still got a strange look. I look back and think it funny, though I'll leave my quarterback days behind or at least leave them outside the grocery store!

3 comments:

Allison said...

That is HILARIOUS! I love it! :)

Jules said...

Too funny.

Anonymous said...

That's a good one. And good for you for actually buying it even half full! I would have the second thought of putting it back and getting your $$ worth with a full bag!