Tuesday, December 02, 2008

My Color Blind Father

For those of you who follow my life, you know that my parents are serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They are in Hiawatha, Kansas. Snow has fallen there, and they are two Arizona desert rats out of their element. Dad has been color blind for as long as I can remember. Mom has somehow managed to work out some sort of a system in their closet at home that got him properly matched during his professional career. I think he memorizes the order in which she hangs them. He still struggles with his colors. I own a brown Jeep and he thinks it's red. Mom sent me this funny scenario between them as he was picking out sweaters with suites.

________________

Awhile ago Dad came in and asked me if he could wear his blue sweater with his brown suit. He doesn't have a blue sweater or a brown suit. He was holding a gray sweater, so I asked if that was the one he was asking about. He said, "No, this is my green sweater." After questioning I found out his "brown suit" is actually dark blue, and his "blue" sweater is maroon, so we've got it all figured out now as to what he can wear with what - I think!

________________

I love my parents and the way they can laugh at life. Heaven help dad if he ever has to dress himself. I think we'll switch his wardrobe over to a simple black and white one!

No comments: