Sadly the weekend is almost over! They go by way too fast! Here's the highlights of my weekend:
ENGAGEMENT PARTY FOR TOM THORPE: Tom is a friend of mine from a past ward and a good friend of my boss'. He had recently moved to California and found true love. In a style that I could totally connect with, Tom celebrated at Joe's BBQ in downtown Gilbert. It was a "smokin'" celebration. It was really nice to congratulate him and wish him the best to come and meet his sweet wife to be.
STEPHANIE'S 26TH BIRTHDAY PARTY: Ok, I actually don't have any idea who Stephanie is, but she had a birthday party and I was tagging along with my friend CJ Johnson and we attended her party along with 20-30 other singles. We played a few get to know you games and enjoyed just general mingling and cake. We enjoyed the talent of her friend, Ben doing a beat-box rendition of an old Vanilla Ice song in which he somehow changed into a birthday song. Oh the fun you can have when you get a bunch of single LDS folks together. I did meet a girl named Christy who worked last summer driving a tour bus in Alaska. She actually knew where Red Devil was! (Red Devil is the tiny village that my family lived in for two years when I was little. Dad taught school in the one room school there. I wonder what it's like today...) She was a very nice girl and it was fun to chat. We may never meet again, but it's a pleasure none the less to have crossed paths for a moment. Happy Birthday Stephanie, perhaps someday I'll know more than her first name and that she's from Wyoming.
SLEPT IN: I love sleeping in and since I was up way too late, I took full advantage of the fact that church doesn't start until 2PM. I enjoyed a long night's rest and still had enough time to read over the Relief Society lesson before needing to get ready.
ATTENDED CHURCH: I made it to church just in time. I am still trying to get down just how much time it takes me to get to the church since my move, so I sort of was running a bit tight today. I was sustained onto the dance committee. For any of those of you who know me well know that this is a very funny calling for me. Not only do I not know how to dance, I don't LIKE to dance. So God has a funny sense of humor to call me to that committee. I was taught to not turn down callings and therefore I will obediently serve to my best. Hopefully I will be more involved in the food, games and movie side of the planning rather than the dance side of things. What do you do. It will be an opportunity for me to get to know other people in my ward. I'll be forced to intermingle with those not in my comfort zone. Wish me luck!
I'm listening to a little Jordon Bluth on iTunes right now and am settling in for the night. I chatted it up with my friend Spring to find out her plans for the weekend. She is a good friend who now lives in Utah and has plane tickets to come to AZ this coming weekend. It will be my birthday weekend, so what better way than to celebrate then to hang with good friends? Mom and dad have me booked on Saturday morning. I think we'll go visit the Phoenix Zoo, see if we can find the animal we are most like. I would say I'm a lion, I eat lots of meat and have a bad hair day everyday. We'll see what mom and dad think they are most like. The week will be full of work, work, more work and then I'll take a break Wednesday for a RS birthday dinner and I think I have a blind date on Thursday... I'll get back to you on how that goes! More work. Til next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment