A little about the fam....
Everyone in my family is a moving and a shaking. Brad, my oldest brother has been living in PA for quite some time. His wife has been managing several companies including a fun park and a ski resort. Brad's background and interest is in the National and State parks. I couldn't do justice to what he really does. He's currently traveling across the country, moving to CA to take up a job position working for the National Parks. He's got a law degree and so I know he's not the guy wearing a green "ranger" outfit and telling your the history of the park you travel in, nor takes your money as you enter a national park. He's the guy in the office making and researching stuff that effect the preservation of the parks. Hopefully he'll correct me if I've got it wrong. So it will be nice to have he and his wife back on the West coast. They'll be living in the Oakland area. I've enjoyed my trips to Cali, I just don't want to pay the cost of living there!
My other brother, Nathan has recently moved from Utah to Tennessee. He's a professor, teaching about plants. Again, I'm doing a great injustice to what he really does. Truth is that my brothers hold big degrees and now their job duties are full of words I can't spell. Nate has just wrapped up his PHD at Utah State and now is taking on teaching for the first time in his life. From what I've been hearing he's doing a great job. I've not been out to visit them yet, but I'm sure it will be on the agenda when I get a bit of money saved up. Nate and his wife are the proud parents of the only grandchildren in our family. Pierce, just turned 16. I'm not sure of if he's driving yet. He's a typical teenager who can't wait to grow up and join the real world. Bethany is about to turn 9. She's still loving being a kid and anything that "winnies", has pink or purple. All girl, but a tough girl who rarely wears shoes.
My folks, they are enjoying life in the small town of Pima, AZ. They are close enough to visit, being three hours away. Dad used to drive me past the late LDS prophet's home, Spencer W. Kimball, every visit. He finally stopped that two years after I moved here. I think mom told him it was a nice thought, but an old adventure. When I go out to visit sometimes is all business and work. I've tried to be a good daughter and help where I could. I recently went out to help them hang sheet rock. They are getting too old to do these tasks and not hurt themselves! They hate the fact that their bodies are starting to show age. At heart my folks are the adventurous teenagers. Dad has this year to finish out in his role as administrator for the G.I.F.T. program. He will then be officially retired. Mom and dad are anxious to leave on a church mission. Mom has dreams of exotic places in South America or Africa or Fiji where they can serve a humanitarian mission. They got a taste of that life with the Peace Corps about 15 years ago. They loved it but got sick and were sent home. They are left with memories and cool stories of Papua New Guenna.
And that's the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment