
I dunno about the rest of you, but what in the world is going on with Reunion.com? I've received so many fake invitations lately to this network. Our family once had an active blog for the family, but by popular vote of my oldest brother, we moved to facebook. I will sometimes accidentally click on the old family blog. So I was surprised to find a new post. Hmmmm, are they sensing my family isn't connected enough? It has been a while since we've had a moment with all of us together...
I think all is well in the Phillips Family, no need to join Reunion.com unless it actually get's my brothers together at the same time with myself and my parents. It seems we get around to seeing each other but all at different times and never all together. When did life become too busy for family together time. (somewhere between the career and debt I suppose)
There is finally good news for my brother's family. They moved quite some time ago to TN for his job, leaving behind a home in UT. It's been sitting on the market ever since. They purchased a home in TN and have been making both house payments and living on next to nothing! I dunno how he does it, but I could learn some tips about simplifying my life and living within my means! Anyway, their home in UT finally sold! To add to the good news, a car sale that could have been bad for them also was cleared up and all is well! It's about time that blessings have started pouring their way!
Mom and dad continue to really enjoy their church mission in Hiawatha, KS. They've been able to meet extended family there as well. No surprise since our families come from that area. I've never lived where the family roots are and so I'm not used to running into anyone related to me. I had hopes when I met a guy in my ward with the same last name and he was from Missouri, but his roots come from a different part of the country. Ironically, some folks in my ward do a double take though as they look at our names and address. For now, Brian lives up the street from where I live and we share the same address, just different house numbers. Generally folks miss the small house number and Brian's had to explain that we are secretly married and just hanging in the singles ward for the thrill of it. Good thing we both have twisted humor. I told him if we ever got married, he'd have to take my name, cuz, I'm not taking his Phillips name...OK, where was I before my warped sense of humor took me away...Kansas. Yes. Mom and dad are enjoying their mission and are there so that they can take some time to go visit Grandma and check in on her. It's good to know they are close in case she should need them. I couldn't help but think of my parents this weekend as I listened to a couple speak of their mission in the Marshal Islands. Oh how mom and dad would love for their next mission to be in some remote part of the world. Mom will vote for anywhere warmer than Kansas when winter truly sets in this year. Listening to stories of the simple life of the islands makes me wonder why life is so complicated in civilization. I should move to the islands. It would be nice to experience the "stillness" of the lifestyle. Then again, I'm pretty sure I really, really like running water, flushing toilets, hot showers, electricity, refrigerators....Ok, I'm a city girl. My folks would love a mission in such a place though. I hope they get to live that dream in their future. They'd be great at it.
As for myself, I could use some quite down time. It seems that life in the church keeps you so busy! Yes as a single adult, I do not have the hectic schedule of a married mother. However, single adults in the LDS faith are and should be very busy with all the opportunity there is every week. I have not had a weekend for a couple of months not involving some church activities that has eaten up a good chunk of each weekend. This doesn't count the busy activities that take place during the middle of the week and all the designs I've been doing for various ward functions. Word is getting out what I do for a living. I know I'm not supposed to hide my talents under a bushel, but as always, there are times I wish I had, as I get very swamped with requests to produce fliers and posters for my ward. Sometimes I just don't want to come home and think about design, so I pretty much put off some designs until the last minute and then crank them out just in time to get them printed out to hand out on Sunday. I do enjoy doing this and I have blessings, I just have noticed an increase in requests and am feeling like I have a separate calling all together with just my design/printing. I suppose this is my way of giving back to my beloved Heavenly Father for the gifts he's given me. I'll gladly continue to do so though I will probably still procrastinate! This past Saturday the Relief Society enjoyed a very successful Super Saturday full of food and crafts and good company. I, being very UN-crafty, did take a stab at making a coaster with rubber stamps. I put it on my desk at home for the constant flow of water glasses/bottles I have at my desk. It's girly too, pink and purple. My dad would be proud to see that his little tomboy daughter has a small feminine side! :) I felt good about my committee duties with the Super Saturday, but my day was not over at the close of the activity. I put on my other hat as part of the dance committee for that evening and helped to sell tickets until midnight. I think I fell asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow that night. The Lord truly keeps me busy, but he blesses me a great deal as well. I marvel at all that I have and wonder why I should be so selfish to have want for more. I have a wonderful family, a roof over my head, wonderful friends, and the gospel warms my soul enough to get me through dark times. Life is wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment